How to use it
Wear it on the front, from newborns to infants.
Wear it on the hip.
Wear it for breastfeeding.
Wear it on the back, for advance users.
The complete set of instructions are included on each product, if you need any further assistance please let us know.
- Fabric tight across back, to allow natural baby’s position, and tight enough to hug your baby close to you in a comfortable position for you both.
- At a glance. You should always be able to see your baby’s face by simply glancing down. The fabric of the sling should not cover baby’s head.
- Close enough to kiss. Your baby’s head should be as close to your chin as is comfortable. By moving your head forward, you should be able to kiss your little one.
- Back held on the fabric seat, to hold the baby’s weight and keep the pelvis tilted, with the legs in frog position.
- Keep chin off the chest. An incorrect position can curl your baby’s position so their chin is forced onto your chest as this can restrict their breathing. Ensure there is always a space of at least a finger width under your baby’s chin.
Bear in mind
The best way to learn how to use Ring Sling is wearing it! Practice helps you to achieve a more comfortable use. So keep practicing!
If you feel your baby is not comfortable on the sling, un-tie it and start again. An incorrect position at the beginning is more difficult to correct if you have no practice. Take a deep breath, and try again!
You have all the information you may need on this webpage: how to thread the sling, how to use it and basics safety tips. However, if you require additional advice, we will be pleased to help you in a private session,
We all are born with the necessity of being in touch, smelling, and feeling the warmer bodies of the people that we love. We also have the innate need of bonding.
Being close to each other makes us feel safe, calm and supported in an unknown world yet to be explored.
Once the infant is on the sling, he or she will recognize through his senses, the body of the person holding it. That contact, skin to skin [More information here, in Spanish], provides the baby the peace of mind he/she needs to discover the world and be able to develop fully. The bond that is created generates well-being; the baby carrier becomes a place where babies can relax, take naps, and reduce their stress levels accumulated during the day.
The use of baby carriers respects the physiology of the child [More information here, in Spanish]; It allows to maintain the natural frog position (or W) of the baby, and its spine maintains its original position until the baby, by itself, is incorporated. In addition, this system strengthens the back muscles, regulates the body’s temperature and vital signs; due to the child’s contact with the parents.
Keeping the infant close to the body gives us freedom of movement, which allows us to do other things while the infant is calm and safe. In addition, having the weight well distributed and close to our centre of gravity, prevents backache.
Materials / Fabrics
UP WE GO products are handcrafted hence each product is unique, we use the best and most long-lasting materials.
Natural cotton, untreated
Natural and versatile fabric that provides softness to the touch and resistance to use. Its fibres allow the air to circulate freely, and the versatility allows double-layer finishes, making possible a wide range of patterns and colours.
Linen is a 100% natural fabric, super resistant, durable, that fully adapts to the baby's physiology.
- It is hypoallergenic, perfect for the most sensitive skins.
- It is breathable, lightweight and adapts to all temperatures, which is ideal for all ages!
Versatile and comfortable option to start and enjoy the Up We Go experience.
Certified Organic Cotton OCC Guarantee
A pure, ecological and biodegradable fabric that provides a very high comfort and softness. Its comfort and softness allows total adaptation to the natural position of the baby.
- It is hypoallergenic and without dyes, only natural colours that come from the earth.
- It offers the highest quality for the baby, and, at the same time, assures respect for the planet.
Wash and dry
A delicate wash with cold water can be the best method to clean the cotton fabric. We recommend the use of ecological detergents and avoiding softeners; they may contain chemicals that can deteriorate natural fibers. The ideal way to dry your UP WE GO is to hang it outdoors, without folds and avoiding the direct sunlight.
- If you are using a dryer, opt for a delicate drying at a low temperature.
- You can use a sock or a piece of cloth to protect the rings.
The best way for your UP WE GO to adapt to you is, using it! But there are a couple of solutions you can use to soften the fabric before the first usage:
- Iron the wrap, not in order to be wrinkle-free, but for the heat to soften the fabric and making it spongier.
- Pass the fabric over the rings as many times as you can. You will be practicing the technique of threading and, at the same time, you will be softening the material.
For a daily use, keep your UP WE GO always threaded and away from the sun, in any corner of your house, ready to be used! If you want to keep it for a long period of time, wash it and save it without threading. You can make a roll with the fabric and put it directly in the closet, or in a cotton bag. This will keep it soft and ready for the next use.